Raimundo Irineu Serra Order
Due to the numerous questions sent to our e-Mail ( ), we created this session with the most frequently asked ones to better attend our visitors. However, we will be glad to answer anyone who contacts us.
- Is Santo Daime a sect or a religion?
- What are the bases of this doctrine?
- Is Santo Daime a drug?
- Would Santo Daime beverage be a hallucinogen?
- Do we get "high" by drinking Santo Daime beverage?
- Is there any other substance that is used together with Santo Daime beverage?
- Is it true that people smoke marijuana together with Santo Daime?
- Do we have to pay to drink Santo Daime?
- How much is a liter of Santo Daime?
- Is Santo Daime a tea?
- What is Santo Daime made of?
- How can I get the drink?
- What has "Umbanda" (Afro-Brazilian sect) got to do with the Doctrine?
- Wouldn’t "Umbanda" then be a profitable addition to the Doctrine?
- What has the Bible got to do with the Santo Daime Doctrine?
- Is there any cult to entities in Santo Daime?
- What is a Hymnal?
- Who was Godfather Sebastião?
- What does the expression "Daime" mean?
- Are the "União do Vegetal" and Santo Daime the same?
- What does Juramidam mean?
- Why has Virgin Holy Mother chosen Master Irineu, a black and northern man who lived in the Amazon Forest?
- Was Master Irineu a cultured man?
- Was there anybody who went crazy after drinking Santo Daime?
- How many times a month do we drink Santo Daime?
- Does Santo Daime beverage have any toxicity?
- Are there many Santo Daime churches?
- At present, how many people drink Santo Daime?
- For which reason must I drink Santo Daime?
- Are there any differences among Santo Daime churches?
- When did you know the Santo Daime Doctrine?
- Is it true that Santo Daime promotes "brainwashing"?
- What is the greatest enemy of Santo Daime?
- Why are most of Santo Daime churches far from big cities or in the middle of forests?
- Could the drink Santo Daime be called Ayahuasca?
- What kind of "trabalhos"* are there in Santo Daime Doctrine?
- What is a "Superior Spiritual Degree"?
- Do you consider the Doctrine as being perfect?
- If it is true that the Doctrine is perfect, why are some conflicts between brothers perceived?
- For those who are in the path of the Doctrine, what can be understood by relationship?
- How do we realize and build up our conscience?
- How can a "Daimista" be sure he is evolving?
- Why are there long time Doctrine brothers that have not reached enough evolution?
- What is a "fardado" (the person who wears the proper garb / uniform of the Doctrine)?
- How can we be sure that a "fardado" carries his obligation well?
- What is the most frequent defect in "seekers"?
- What makes people become unbalanced, to the point of being called "rodadas"?
- Is it necessary to be a vegetarian to follow the Doctrine?
- What is the Original Sin?
- What are harmful influences?
- What is the End of Times?
- Who suffers the most with those changes?
- What is the importance of the religions?
- What are illusions?
- What is a sin?
- Who do you think we are?
- How is sex seen in the Doctrine?
- Which are the fundamental things God has given to us?
- What is unchangeable in life?
- What is death?
- Why does God allow the existence of demons?
- What is Karma?
- Why are religious conflicts the worst ones?
- Is it necessary to be single, spinster and isolated to be enlightened?
- Is there any difference between single and married "Daimistas"?
- Why is the Holy Virgin of Conception the leader of the Doctrine?
- What is the best attitude in order to revere the Holy Virgin of Conception?
- Which books could help us understand the Doctrine?
- Why did God manifest in the Amazon Forest?
- What is the crucial question of contemporary man’s search?
- Do you think "God is mankind’s need" or do you think "mankind is God’s need"?
- And how about Socrates, the "Father of Philosophy"?
- What is the difference between Philosophy and Doctrine?
- What do we have to conquer to have a good path in the Doctrine?
- I heard the best initiation is in the forest; is that true?
- I notice that some people that live for religion, abuse of and forget their family, friends and people in general, and yet, feel misunderstood because they evaluate themselves as being in a higher level. What is it that?
- Which is the most important thing to be aroused inside of us by the Doctrine?
- What is the difference between Moses’ Ten Commandments, Jesus Christ’s Two Commandments and Master Irineu’s Hymnal?
- What is the difference between Shamanism and the Doctrine?
01. Is Santo Daime a sect or a religion?
Neither, actually. It’s a Doctrine originated from Christianism. Its foundations are the same as the ones in the primitive Christianism left by St. Peter, which began with the Pentecost, an age in which the esoteric focus was greater than the exoteric.
02. What are the bases of this doctrine?
The Holy Family, being the Virgin Holy Mother the greatest inspiring force to our Master constitutor Raimundo Irineu Serra; Jesus Christ is the model of the true man, and St. Joseph the affectionate father we all would like to have.
03. Is Santo Daime a drug?
No, because it causes neither addiction nor harm to health. Conversely, it has been used as a powerful remedy for several kinds of disease, especially for the communities who live along the edges of the Amazon River, where medical resources are almost inaccessible.
04. Would Santo Daime beverage be a hallucinogen?
By no means; this beverage is in the group of entheogens. Its power to expand our physical and spiritual senses is due to the awakening of natural internal chemical substances (like serotonin) in our organism, similarly to the release of endorphin that takes place in an athlete’s body.
05. Do we get “high” by drinking Santo Daime beverage?
Not at all, we experience an increase of consciousness about ourselves. We begin to understand our ignorance about our own divine essence and then learn a new scale of values about the whole world and about the consequences of our attitudes.
06. Is there any other substance that is used together with Santo Daime beverage?
Absolutely not, neither legal nor illegal ones.
07. Is it true that people smoke marijuana together with Santo Daime?
If we analyze the foundation rules of the center of Our Master Raimundo Irineu Serra, it becomes clear that he was absolutely against the use of that substance, and we follow him in that decision. Firstly, because it won’t bring us any good and secondly because that substance is forbidden by law and we have the obligation to be responsible citizens. In addition, we neither agree with the use of alcohol nor tobacco, because they bring the same harm to health as illegal drugs do. We usually host a great number of addicted individuals, and we have a high level of rehabilitation (about 80%). This level won’t reach 100% because free will is respected by God, and, obviously, by us as well.
08. Do we have to pay to drink Santo Daime?
It’s free. However, good willed donations are welcome. Always keep clear in your mind that any kind of donation is voluntary, always respecting everyone’s financial possibility.
09. How much is a liter of Santo Daime?
The Daime is priceless, because it’s a gift from God. It has some cost however, to be brewed. Only branch churches receive the beverage for specific ritualistic purposes.
10. Is Santo Daime a tea?
Not really. In fact, it is a sort of wine, known since ancient times as “The Wine of the Souls”. It takes about 12 hours to be cooked following several steps. Also, it takes 15 more days to ferment. Aseptic conditions are very rigorous, because in case of any kind of contamination, the drink will taste somewhat like vinegar, making it therefore hard to be drunk.
11. What is Santo Daime made of?
A vine called “Jagube” (Banisteriopsis Caapi), a leaf called “Rainha” (Psychotriaviridis), water, fire and knowledge.
12. How can I get the drink?
You have to be in touch with one of the churches of Santo Daime and then learn everything you can about the Doctrine, in order to be worthy of it. It’s important to understand that “Santo Daime is the vehicle; however, the Doctrine is the road”.
13. What has “Umbanda” (Afro-Brazilian sect) got to do with the Doctrine?
In 1988, some from people from this religion joined the Doctrine, and along with them came their respective religious influences. Godfather Sebastião (Master Irineu’s follower, Doctrine’s Leader and responsible for the Doctrine’s expansion) explained that the Doctrine has always been in continuous evolution, incorporating new knowledge, and with the Umbanda, due to its origins of worship to “Orixás” (African divinities) and their mystical syncretism, some fundamental values could be forgotten, since they are not in line with what the Doctrine has for the Holy Mother.
14. Wouldn’t “Umbanda” then be a profitable addition to the Doctrine?
All religions are valuable, and “Umbanda” has a great deal of value to our country. My very first experience in the search of the spiritual path, in my adolescence, was with the “Umbanda”, and it was there that I had my first answers, so I will be always in debt with it, for it was my advisor and also psychologist for a long time. However, we must understand that each religion has its specific uses. Can you imagine someone attending a catholic mass and, instead of taking communion, replacing it with Santo Daime? The priest would surely disagree, or in a Gospel cult, during the preacher’s lecture, an interruption in order to start singing a Hymn of the Doctrine of Santo Daime? Of course the preacher wouldn’t agree. Or even in an Umbanda temple, an interruption to the cult to suggest a dance or concentration common to the Doctrine of Santo Daime? It would be natural for the “pai de santo” (Umbanda spiritual leader) to disagree with that. In our Doctrine, many desire to bring insights from other religions as if it could add some new values, starting from the assumption that our Doctrine is not complete. In any case, we must keep our ritualistic order the same way our Master Imperio taught us, because in that we can find the perfection of our Holy Mother.
15. What has the Bible got to do with the Santo Daime Doctrine?
Everything, regarding reaching its divine principles and practicing them. And nothing, if we think we will reach salvation only by being with that book under our arm. The Old Testament is the story of the people of God. The New Testament is the story of God. And the Hymnals are the New Age, the blessing promised by God. The Old Testament is the Time of the Father, the New Testament, the Time of the Son and the Hymnals are the Time of the Mother. That is the secret of the Holy Trinity: Father, Mother and Son, united by the Holy Ghost. The Holy Family is the basis of our Doctrine. Being so, we need to make sure we are in the “God-Mother Age”.
16. Is there any cult to entities in Santo Daime?
To the Power of God and to the Holy Ghost, according to the teachings of our Master; The Master once said that we have to be able to distinguish between the religion of the world and the religion of God. In the “Apocalypse”, we find that God was not satisfied about Nicolaitas’ Cult, which was to the entities. We have to understand that our cult must be always to the Creator.
17. What is a Hymnal?
We can say it’s something like a new Bible, modern, participative, simple and transcendental.
18. Who was Godfather Sebastião?
Sebastião Mota de Mello, our beloved “Godfather Sebastião”, is like St. John the Baptist in the hearts of those who participate in Daime, The most significative figure left by Master Irineu, whose faith and determination were capable to make Santo Daime known worldwide.
19. What does the expression “Daime” mean?
It comes from the verb “Dar” (to give). “Dai-me amor” (give-me love); “daime-me fé” (give-me faith).
20. Are the “União do Vegetal” and Santo Daime the same?
They are very different, beginning with the brewing of the drink, going through the Doctrinal foundations until the ritualistic acts. The focus of Santo Daime is fundamentally Christian. Also, there is only one entitled “Master”, which is a spiritual being, called Juramidam.
21. What does Juramidam mean?
“Jura” (which also means “vow” in English) is the father’s name, and “Midam” is the sons’ name, our last name. Phonetics, alone, put the spiritual vibratory field in harmony with the most subtle layer of the universe, making us feel the presence of the New Christ, the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of God. The vow made to the promised people. It is very serious to pronounce this name. It is far more than a holy mantra; it is the name from which we must expect salvation.
22. Why has Virgin Holy Mother chosen Master Irineu, a black and northern man who lived in the Amazon Forest?
Because of the strength of his race and because of the needs of redemption from slavery it was submitted to. Because he was a rubber-tapper, he was a privileged man for having worked on the Queen of the Forest’s Garden and also for being a northern man, for having the heroic fiber to fight against the greatest material difficulties.
23. Was Master Irineu a cultured man?
Much more than this: he was a wise and humble man, and had supreme education.
24. Was there anybody who went crazy after drinking Santo Daime?
There were some cases of insane people who came to Santo Daime and got healed. Others remained the same. However, I have never heard about people who got mad because they had drunk the beverage. Santo Daime has healed lots of things, but when something is God’s will, nothing can be done.
25. How many times a month do we drink Santo Daime?
Most months, two times. Some months, four times. This is not a rule, because there’s a recess month, and during the time of brewing the beverage, more is drunk.
26. Does Santo Daime beverage have any toxicity?
None. It is less toxic is than the juice of passion fruit or coffee.
27. Are there many Santo Daime churches?
In all Brazilian states and in every continent of the planet.
28. At present, how many people drink Santo Daime?
Summarizing all spiritual doctrines in which the beverage is used, about 100,000 people make use of it.
29. For which reason must I drink Santo Daime?
To have a more profound knowledge of yourself, both the good and the bad sides, trying to correct yourself and bring to light a new paradigm, through which we will be able to know our spiritual vocation, so far hidden in our divine memory.
30. Are there any differences among Santo Daime churches?
Certainly, nevertheless the principles are the same. The commander of each church always brings something personal, based on his own knowledge, experience, age, etc. In addition, we must always bear in mind that the cultural aspects of each region as well as the profile of the members, also influence this process.
31. When did you know the Santo Daime Doctrine?
In 1985, in Rio de Janeiro, with Godfathers Mário Rogério and Corrente who were inseparable friends of Godfather Sebastião, which I came to meet in 1986, and soon became his disciple. I got 85 liters of Santo Daime from his own hands to found the Third Church out of the Northern Region, which became the first in the State of Minas Gerais.
32. Is it true that Santo Daime promotes “brainwashing”?
Believing in that is being unaware of the very human nature, which always fights for its independence, freedom and autonomy. Daime releases the human being from prejudice and misconceptions, which lead humankind to unhappiness.
33. What is the greatest enemy of Santo Daime?
Why are most of Santo Daime churches far from big cities or in the middle of forests?
Because it is from nature that comes the breath for mankind. It might be conscious or not, but it was in nature we were made. So, it is important that we always come back to it so we never forget our origins.
35. Could the drink Santo Daime be called Ayahuasca?
They’re chemically very close, but the brewing makes them a little different. Ayahuasca has their roots in the Inca Culture, and Santo Daime has its roots in Christianism. We could say they’re brothers, as all of us are.
36. What kind of “trabalhos”* are there in Santo Daime Doctrine?
Sung and danced Hymnals “trabalhos”, settled and quiet concentration ones, and healing and exorcism sessions, also with its participants sitting and singing specific Hymns for each situation.
*Trabalhos are the ritualistic ceremonies of the Doctrine that might up to twelve hours.
37. What is a “Superior Spiritual Degree”?
It occurs when our will is the same as God’s.
38. Do you consider the Doctrine as being perfect?
Absolutely, because following its path, we are able to reach perfection, and that is because the Doctrine foundations teach us continuous correction of our thoughts, feelings and attitudes. Maintaining this rectitude, we will find out our real similarity to God.
39. If it is true that the Doctrine is perfect, why are some conflicts between brothers perceived?
Because the concepts of “Doctrine” and “Brotherhood” are generally misunderstood. Doctrine is the highest degree of superior conscience, and in the brotherhood everyone has their own level of understanding. This generates small conflicts sometimes. The more a brotherhood reaches the necessary conscience of the Doctrine, the faster those conflicts will be extinguished. The Master teaches us that; to be genuine brothers, we must neither gossip nor argue.
40. For those who are in the path of the Doctrine, what can be understood by relationship?
Let us analyze the four main types of relationships. The first one is that between our Ego and our Superior Self. It is our internal dialogue between the Christ and the disciple, which becomes unique in a certain moment. The second one is the relationship between us and our close friends. They are our true mirrors, revealing who we are through their reactions towards our attitudes. The third one is the relationship between us and people we eventually meet. And the forth one is the relationship between us and World. We are not fully aware of it and of its inhabitants; however it is in this very world that we find ourselves. We must be aware about that, because we usually feel free to treat people unkindly, forgetting that God is inside everyone, being this person an acquaintance or not.
41. How do we realize and build up our conscience?
Through our four basic functions: Instinct, Emotion, Sense and Intuition. Instinct is living, the maintenance and preservation of life. Emotion makes us feel this magnitude and awakens the love we need to understand, reaching, this way, the Sense. With that, we understand that logic does not satisfy us, and stimulates our intuition, pushing us to have the necessary perception about God’s existence in all people and all things.
42. How can a “Daimista” be sure he is evolving?
Observing his spiritual, emotional and material development in a single synchronism. The spiritual one is the thirst of life. The comprehension of the transitority between the whole and the nothing as part of the same nature. He finds himself detached from time and space. It is the end of searching, because he himself is his own discovery. It is the answer that needs not be answered. The emotional is the soul, the intermediary between matter and spirit. It is the feeling that links creation to transformation. It is the thirst of telepathy, the language of enchanted and enlightened people. “I feel, therefore I exist”. Before we think we must feel, for feeling is the thirst of thought. The material is the plan of fulfillment, and that is the reason why we are incarnated. It is the expansion field for spiritual frontiers. It is the fuel that feeds the conquest of Divine Virtues. Their tools are: time, space and matter. Through this trilogy, we perform the tasks which purposes are love, equality and the well-being of us all. It’s important to understand that, in this plan, we are the beginning, never the ending. As our Emperor Master says, “prepare not your own ground; and a vagrant spirit you shall become”.
43. Why are there long time Doctrine brothers that have not reached enough evolution?
Because they did not study and practice, and because of that they failed. On the other hand, I know some brothers who joined the Doctrine little time ago, and are already in a well-advanced level of evolution.
44. What is a “fardado” (the person who wears the proper garb / uniform of the Doctrine)?
The “fardamento” (the act of wearing the appropriate garb or uniform of the doctrine) is equivalent to one of the seven sacraments which is the ordination. When a seeker wears the “farda” he accepts to serve his equals in this spiritual path.
45. How can we be sure that a “fardado” carries his obligation well?
Those who never take part in wrong things, and, at the same time, never judge. They are assiduous to their obligations, and serve whoever needs with love and humility. Laziness and fanaticism cannot dominate them. They are sweet like pigeons and cunning like snakes. They always follow the path of normality and make themselves dear in the hearts of the other seekers.
46. What is the most frequent defect in “seekers”?
Selfishness. All of us were born with a natural high dose of selfishness; we have been taught to overcome that defect. And when a human being only loves himself, this person always feels as being a victim of everyone, pitying himself deeply. Everything is enough to make him take offense, and yet, expects everyone to treat him in great manners. Most people have heard about the number 666 (the number of the Beast in Apocalypse). However, 666 is also the number of the Angel. While the beast has 666 of love for himself, the Angel has 600 of love to God, 60 to his equals and 6 for himself. That’s the difference between the sun and the black hole.
47. What makes people become unbalanced, to the point of being called “rodadas”?
Exaggeration, extremism and radicalism.
48. Is it necessary to be a vegetarian to follow the Doctrine?
I have never seen anybody reach spiritual enlightenment through eating, but I know who made it through fasting. We all eat for the sake of living, and not the opposite. All diets must respond to one’s individual needs, and therefore, there cannot be a rule, or else we could spend lots of our precious time on that.
49. What is the Original Sin?
It is the judgment of all creatures by the Creator. It is the Chaos. Only God is able to judge, because He is one and we are all just pieces, with no knowledge of all things. In addition, we are always switching from good to evil, and vice-versa. Also, it is important to understand that God comes before the beginning and after the end. As this statement is out of our field of understanding, then how can we judge?
50. What are harmful influences?
Harmful influences are those who act in the flesh and in our beliefs. Those who act in the flesh are called “Capital Sins”, and those who act in our beliefs are the atheist philosophies, materialist sciences and the increasing number of divinities which make us lose the focus in our unique God.
51. What is the End of Times?
God creates preserves and then transforms everything into something He considers to be better. There are better times that will come and yet, hard times for those who are not materially, psychologically and spiritually prepared. It is a necessary cyclic change, and it has occurred several times.
52. Who suffers the most with those changes?
The intolerant, the urbanoid and the alienated ones.
53. What is the importance of the religions?
There is no need of religion in order to love God over all things, and to love our like as we love ourselves. However, the human being thinks it is necessary to defend ideas and fight for them, and this leads them to establish religions.
54. What are illusions?
It is the conceptual prison of the materialism.
55. What is a sin?
Not to realize God, and if realizing not interacting with Him.
56. Who do you think we are?
We are the sum of all facts that reflect our actions.
57. How is sex seen in the Doctrine?
It generates life and flesh, and strengthens spirituality during its abstinence. Between couples, it generates union and pleasure. However, knowledge is necessary to understand what is what and keep an order. It is certain though, that in any occasion, it must be ruled and driven by love.
58. Which are the fundamental things God has given to us?
First of all, life, and secondly time, because from time we dedicate to everything we love, like family, our like, our labor and, most of all, to the devotion of God.
59. What is unchangeable in life?
60. What is death?
Using the Master’s words, “I compare death to being born”.
61. Why does God allow the existence of demons?
Because they are servants as well; testing the will of the true children of the divine light. Once evil is transcended, they have no influence at all.
62. What is Karma?
It’s the name oriental people gave to the “Divine Scale”, which weights our acts.
63. Why are religious conflicts the worst ones?
Because of the lack of sensitivity to comprehend that religion only makes sense if it is for the reconnection and well being of everyone and not exclusively for a self-proclaimed “elected” small group, which main objectives are political and material ones.
64. Is it necessary to be single, spinster and isolated to be enlightened?
There was a time when, for historical contingences, it was needed. At that time, everything was dangerous, pilgrimages happened all the time and therefore it was almost impossible to get married and establish a family. Times have changed, and developing enlightenment inside a family demands wisdom, determination and a great deal of love. Heads of family who make it deserve a great distinction, for they show that besides taking care of themselves, they are also capable of taking care of their beloved ones.
65. Is there any difference between single and married “Daimistas”?
This is not really a rule, but normally married people are more mature, centered and have their female side resolved.
66. Why is the Holy Virgin of Conception the leader of the Doctrine?
Because we are currently in the Age of the Mother. It all began with the Age of the Father, God of Abraham, Moses and Salomon. After that, the Age of the Son, Jesus Christ, came. Now it is the Age of the Mother, completing the Holy Family, the Trinity, made unique by the Holy Ghost.
67. What is the best attitude in order to revere the Holy Virgin of Conception?
Recognizing, valuing and supporting female labor. She is in all women, and male recognition brings Our Divine Mother to our side even more. Every woman is our mother, sister and daughter. We must be thankful for the blessed silver-plated shine of the moon every time we look at it, because that is the light that fills our lives with love, simplicity and beauty.
68. Which books could help us understand the Doctrine?
The Doctrine alone is enough and self explaining. However, a good Bible knowledge is the basis for all things, and the Bhagavad-Gita gives us a broad view of the spiritualism in the Orient. There are lots of important books, but those two have the most fundamental contents.
69. Why did God manifest in the Amazon Forest?
Because the future of mankind depends on that forest. It is the greatest center of energy of the planet. Near the forest is the mountain, the sea and the desert.
70. What is the crucial question of contemporary man’s search?
For being too much conceptual, people frequently preach what they cannot be, which makes them dishonest with themselves, and yet demand from others what they assume to be correct, becoming perverse. Everyone assumes to be good, it is however, nothing more than a self-image, and everybody forgets that goodness is attitude above all. It can be active or passive, because true love has two sides. When Sister Teresa of Calcutta began to take care of poor sick people in India and dedicate to them, it was just an attitude, and not imagination or concept. Because of her attitudes we consider her as saint and enlightened, therefore the concept was just the reflection of her attitude. Imagination has become stronger than reality, and evidence of it is that we cannot realize the world as it is, but as we are.
71. Do you think “God is mankind’s need” or do you think “mankind is God’s need”?
If we try hard to understand Buddha and Jesus Christ, we’ll get the answer. Buddha was a man who had the supreme need of real understanding of the sense of life. His devotion on that search resulted in finding God inside himself. Whoever finds God inside himself becomes God, because God is always supreme. Jesus Christ is God Himself incarnated as a man. His endless love and compassion for the human kind became a need to come to help us. He paid for what no else could. The world did not accept that God could become a man and live simply as one of us. All paths are open, and it is up to all of us to keep walking, because God is everything and it does not matter if he goes from earth to heaven or form heaven to earth, the crucial is that we always keep him in our hearts.
72. And how about Socrates, the “Father of Philosophy”?
I would dare to say Socrates went through almost half of Buddha’s path. He couldn’t go any further because God is not to be understood only through thinking. Buddha used mind, heart and, also, all his visceral strengths to transcend his 40 days fast. With that, he could control all instinctive gravity and excelled the physical plan towards the spiritual one. Socrates’ conclusions were that the only thing he knew was he did not know anything. This is a very important step, but it is necessary to invoke and practice at least one principle to set up a path. Socrates reached the highest level someone could reach using only his own thoughts. Buddha practiced compassion and the straight path which would release the human being from suffering through detachment. Wisdom has no value without a practical sense. When Saint Paul apostle went to Greece bringing Good News from Jesus Christ, he found a strong unfavorable line of argument, reaching the point of having to appeal to an unknown God, represented in one statue of that culture. It was the only way he found to reach the true God. If we go deeper, we will find that rationalism is the ferment Jesus advised us to be careful about, because it serves two different lords.
73. What is the difference between Philosophy and Doctrine?
Philosophy treats the arrangements of the thought, its order, concept, logic and purpose. From that point on, all esoteric and exoteric processes and good judgment about all related things are established. Moral therefore, is born, which is the basis of justice and the parameter between right and wrong. The doctrine covers besides philosophy, the practice of principles, their results, feelings, self consciousness and the intuitive study. We can say the Doctrine is nothing but the very connection with life, acceptance about what we have been; conscience about what we are; and hope about what we will be.
74. What do we have to conquer to have a good path in the Doctrine?
Firmness. Having this, we will always preserve love and all good things provide by God.
75. I heard the best initiation is in the forest; is that true?
The forest is glorious, but we must be aware that the real initialization happens inside of us. This is where nature is strong and present and makes it easy for us to be in contact with our inner selves. The mountain and the sea are also important for our external initial stimulus.
76. I notice that some people that live for religion, abuse of and forget their family, friends and people in general, and yet, feel misunderstood because they evaluate themselves as being in a higher level. What is it that?
It’s a kind of madness which has its origins in egotism. In fact, they are unable to see their like. The God of those people is only projected on their own ego. As we feel God inside of us, the first thing we realize is God is inside everyone else. Those who truly love God will certainly love their like.
77. Which is the most important thing to be aroused inside of us by the Doctrine?
People like complex formulas of initiation, but the only fundamental thing is love, and all other remaining things are added later.
78. What is the difference between Moses’ Ten Commandments, Jesus Christ’s Two Commandments and Master Irineu’s Hymnal?
The 10 Commandments were for people that needed laws. The Two Commandments were for people that knew the laws, but not love. Master Irineu’s Hymnal is designed for the ones that know love and need to experience it. In fact, the Master taught us a simple way to practice love. Using his own words, “Love that comes from those who care is the health and well-being”. Love has several demonstrations, and the greatest of them all is charity.
79. What is the difference between Shamanism and the Doctrine?
Shamanism worships the powers of Nature. It reveres God in several forms, as well as the sun, the moon, the stars, the animals, plants, minerals, etc. Through that, it achieves a reasonable self-consciousness and healing power. In the Doctrine, the cult is not specifically to powers of the Nature, but to God Himself, incarnated in Jesus Christ. The Doctrine teaches us that every son of God can control these powers, because there is nothing that is not God. The one who truly worships God naturally receives those powers as a gift. As an example, Master Irineu never proclaimed himself as a Shaman, but as a son of God and he managed all those powers with skill.